by: Kimberly Otocki
Click button to
be directed to a registration page.
> Armor All’s Essential Blends oil-infused air fresheners
CINCINNATI, OH – June 11, 2018 – DeanHouston, Inc., a leading full-service, business-to-business, integrated marketing communications firm, will celebrate its 30th anniversary as an agency this year.
Since launching in the summer of 1988, DeanHouston has undergone a significant transformation mirroring that of the rapidly evolving business landscapes in which it operates. With co-founders Dale Dean, Greg Houston and Pam Houston at the helm – and also as the only staff members – their small technical products-focused boutique agency quickly developed into a fully integrated organization that today employs more than 70 talented marketing professionals operating from the company’s offices located in Cincinnati, Los Angeles, Chicago and Shanghai.
The company boasts a full range of integrated marketing services, beginning with strategic marketing followed by traditional and digital marketing strategies, brand development, graphic design, web design and development, media and publicity, video production, and 3D animation. DeanHouston is also at the forefront of virtual and augmented reality, which is rapidly being embraced in the technical products service industries.
TORONTO, Ont. - We have turned the corner on harsh winter weather, and spring is here.
Spring is a time of renewal and refreshment as nature comes back to life, giving friends and family the opportunity to spend more time outdoors. As we trade icicles for flowers and snow angels for pool loungers, the warmer weather brings sights and smells that brighten up our day. Smells of lavender, vanilla, citrus and eucalyptus are just a few of the familiar and inviting scents gifted to us by spring.
Even though scents of nature fill the springtime air, some people may have too much on their to-do lists to truly relax and enjoy the outdoors. Armor All is now bringing the natural scents of spring directly into your car. The new Essential Blends air fresheners are infused with essential oil blends of lemon bergamot, eucalyptus mint, pink grapefruit, citrus pomegranate and vanilla lavender, giving you the scents of spring wherever you go.
"The inspiration behind Essential Blends came from looking at the average person's daily to-do list and thinking of how we could make those little in-between moments relaxing," says Megan Currie, Spectrum Brands director of marketing for Armor All. "A lot of people are in their cars for a good portion of their day, whether they are commuting to work or doing errands. We wanted to transform that daily routine into a comforting experience."
Essential oils are known for their refreshing and restorative properties. Helping to relieve headaches, relax the mind or even energize the body, the benefits from essential oils are endless.
Tanknology largest company in the world devoted to compliance solutions for petroleum systems. If you operate an underground or an aboveground petroleum fueling system, you are no doubt governed by multiple environmental regulations. In our blog, we discuss topics of interest to our industry community; whether it be a regulatory development, our take on breaking industry news, news from our company, or anything else we believe may be of interest the tank compliance community. We hope you will join us in the conversation.
With 30 years of technological advances and the strongest end-to-end support network in the world, PDQ is the undeniable partner for car wash solutions and success.
Founded in 1969, Belanger, Inc. is a full-line car wash equipment manufacturer whose offerings maximize wash bay Profit-Per-Foot™.
One of the greatest challenges of convenience store marketing is to drive guests into the store when they stop at the pump to fuel up, drawing additional revenue from a customer’s visit. Increased revenue and profit margins, for the most part, are driven by visits to the store, not at the pump. A strong marketing effort will bring an average of 35 per cent of those customers into the store when they gas up.
There are many ways to increase store traffic, from implementing a loyalty program to simple promotions for discounted fuel and in-store products. Loyalty is also the key to repeat visits – as guests establish a connection to your brand. Once a guest is registered as a loyalty program member, marketing can begin to gather data to better understand, engage and create a personalized, ongoing relationship.
What are some of the ways you can increase your store visits in the short and long-term? Here are five ways that you can attract new visitors and generate more loyalty from your customers.
1. Target millennials. Millennials in 2018 will have a global net income of 3.4 trillion dollars, making them the generation with the highest purchasing power. What can you do to get this generation into your stores? Millennials look for three main things from your brand; simplicity, a personal touch, and convenience. Connect with millennials on a one-to-one basis to ensure your promotions are relevant to the individual. To attain the customer level data needed for relevant, one-to-one offers, start by offering a loyalty program with a clear value proposition that is easy to for your cashiers to convey.
2. Run promotions at the pump. Simple promotions that are tied to products in the store such as “buy x amount of product, get x cents off per gallon” are effective at motivating fuel-only customers to step inside the box. In fact, according to a report from Coca-Cola published in CSP Daily News, 73 per cent of customers say that the best promotions are the ones that have discounted fuel with in-store purchases.
3. Go mobile. The same study by Coca-Cola found that millennials check their phone 157 times per day. There is a large opportunity to reach millennial customers on the device that they are on all the time. Optimizing for mobile messages, such as email, in-app messages, or using geofencing is key to reaching these customers. Brands implement geofenced messages see 30 to 40 per cent of the customers who receive that message come into the store to take advantage of the offer within 24 hours, according to Paytronix data. Mobile messages provide an almost immediate lift to your store visits and sales.
4. Promote food service. Food service is becoming a big part of convenience stores today with prepared and made to order food being a major draw in for customers. Offering limited-time promotions tied to food items can boost visits, especially among millennials. The Coca-Cola study noted that about half of all millennials say that they are on the lookout for limited time offers.
5. Segment and target. To create a bond between the brand and its customers and maximize the impact marketers have on revenue creation, market segmentation is essential. Within any customer base, there are segments of people with shared interests and motivational factors. When marketers develop insights into their customer base that reveal common motivators, the result is a powerful, profitable marketing strategy. By identifying your market segments, marketing messages, offers, and message cadence can be tailored to each segment based on their common needs and behavioral patterns. The result is greater audience reach, more revenue, and higher profitability.
These five tactics to increase traffic will have a significant impact upon your short and long term store visits. Test them out and see which work best in your own competitive market.
A strong marketing effort will bring an average of
of those customers into the store when they gas up.